Monday, February 6, 2012

6 more weeks...

So did any of you see what the groundhog decided? I didn't :p ;) But all I know is we still pretty much have six more weeks of winter whether or not the groundhog says ;) But where I am, it's gorgeous and there's no snow in sight which makes me more happy than words can say. We're usually pretty heavy with the snow in February in MI, but we've only had 2 dumps this winter which is AMAZING! I usually don't like winter, but I love this year 'cause there's no snow!!!!!!!!! ;D And my followers tab is back up, so I'm happy ;D

This weekend I was at my aunt's house for our annual movie weekend. My mom, sister, aunt, and two other cousins go to to my one aunt's house to have movies, food, and gift bags. This year's theme was tropical, so she had decorations up all over in the living room/kitchen, and we had gift bags stuffed with trinkets and fun things ;D ;D We watched Soul Surfer, Nim's Island, and Surf's Up. Surf's Up was incredible. I hadn't seen it, but I knew the whole story from reading it several years ago. Everything about it. The acting. The lines. It was so well done. And the shark scene was so good. It was so real. Like if that happened to my friends, I honestly don't know if I would have done what those kids did. They saved that girl's life. Getting her out of the water and tying off her arm then getting her back to the car and meeting the ambulance on the way there. What was even more amazing is the girl started praying to Jesus to save her and help her as her friends are pulling her out of the ocean. That's huge. And what would I have done if I was that girl? Seriously. *Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it* If I had just gotten my arm bitten off by a shark? Ohmygosh. Ow on a ton of different levels. But would you even feel the pain b/c of so much blood loss? Or would it be shock? Would I have just laid there on my board letting my friends help me out of the ocean with blood just coming out of my arm, not to mention to have one anymore, then calmly say "I want my mom" while they tie my shoulder off and lay me on a different board to cart me to their truck then race down the highway? I honestly don't know if I would be that calm. The only way I might be calm is from the shock and blood loss :p It's an amazing story and the movie is so cool. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend you do.

Here's your quote: "Oh man, learn to dance, or else the angels in heaven will not know what to do with you." ~St. Augustine

Have a good week :)

2 comments:

  1. I thought that movie was pretty amazing, although some "preach-y" moments rubbed me the wrong way. And AnnaSophia Robb did an amazing job convincing me that she only had one arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the groundhog said, but according to the old legends about the weather on Candlemas Spring shall be coming soon. :) Supposedly if it's gray and rainy on Candlemas, spring isn't far, and if there are blue skies and sunshine then winter will stay for much longer. Dunno if it's true, but it's encouraging either way! :p

    ReplyDelete