Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy birthday Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, another birthday ;) My friend Anna is turning the big 16 tomorrow, and I'm going to her b-day party today. I just wanted to give her a big shout out because I love her a lot too! ;D ;D ;D

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And guess what?! I met one of my favorite authors on Thursday night, Julie Lessman.She write the Daughters of Boston series and Winds of Change series which is a continuation of DoB. The books are historical romances, and trust me when I say right out that these are not the Amish books. They're filled with passion, longing, rivalry, adventure, secrets, and the reality of how much God loves us. So Julie spoke and signed all five of my books. My aunt and I also got our picture taken with her and we got to have an actual conversation with her for near ten minutes ;D ;D My head was soooooooooo in the clouds! ;D ;D She said I was adorable and sweet, and I had a heart full of God's love and He has great plans for me ;D I just stood there nodding and grinning like an idiot ::) ;) ;D ;D But here's the links to her books(in order), and go ahead and read the first chapters of the books. They're amazing! The O'Connor family has become my second family ;D I want to come down in the morning in the kitchn and tell them "good morning!" ;D

http://www.fictionfinder.com/book/detail/328

http://www.fictionfinder.com/book/detail/329

http://www.fictionfinder.com/book/detail/330

http://www.fictionfinder.com/book/detail/948

http://www.fictionfinder.com/book/detail/1422

Okay, I'm going to start posting my story on here. It's a retelling of Rapunzel, and I haven't written in it since...January :p But here's the beginning:


A Ribbon in the Tower



Chapter One

Where should I start? The beginning of my day. The middle of my day. The end of my day. It's all one big blur, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find a start and finish. Maybe I should focus more.....but when I focus too much on one thing, my mind wanders to another bigger one. Lord, keep me sane!, I thought, rubbing my fingers on my tired eyes. It was the last class of the day, the one I hated to love. Hated to love. Imagine a glorious forty five minutes dedicated to fairy tales and poetry, then comes in the timid, tired mouse.
Our teacher, miss Elinor Ash, had received her doctorate in English and British Literature from Oxford. From her high society name down to her proper demeanor, this woman was a left over from the eighteenth century. I felt bad for her, I suppose. Miss Ash seemed to love anything that had to do with literature, but why leave the mother country to come here to loud America, I wonder?
Was it that they had too many Miss Ash's in England? Or possibly she was enchanted by tales of the free land, where anything goes. Personally, I think the school board was so desperate to find a teacher who lived and breathed literature they looked all the way over the ocean. And that's where my dilemma comes in. I love this class. Essays on the tales every two weeks, then an essay on the next poem two weeks after that. Story, then poem. Story, then poem. I got A's in this class. But Miss Ash? I would get an F trying to figure her out.
Afternoon everyone. Please turn your books to 255.” Elinor Ash got straight to work. After I found the page number, I felt my body hum with anticipation. Rapunzel. One of my favorites of all time.
Since this is the last story of the trimester, we're going to be spending a little more time on it.” Miss Ash began. Some of the boys in the class found the page number, then groaned and slumped in their chairs.
Seriously?” One of them asked. “What are we supposed to learn from this? That the longer hair gets it becomes more infested with bugs?” Miss Ash looked down at her petite feet, then looked back up, her blue eyes strained. “No, Mr. Trent. We are going to learn the truth of independence and the reality of love. Lesson number one: love that tries to own you pushes you further. Love that gives space brings much more in.”
Huh. That had to be one of the most philosophical statements Miss Ash has ever made.
That is why I feel to get the most out of this class and all we have learned, you're last assignment will be to write a four page report on a fairy tale or poem of your choice.” Groans and disgusted sighs resounded throughout the room. I was the only one smiling. Writing? Loved it. Writing on a fairy tale of my choosing? I was in heaven.

***** 

Finally, here's your quote for today:

"In returning to Me and resting in Me, you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength." ~Isaiah 30:15

Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead! :)

2 comments: