Friday, March 23, 2012

"I could have danced all night..."

So...happy Friday! :D Tomorrow is picture day at my dance studio which is always a bucket of joy ::) I love rehearsal and recital, but picture day is just cramped and hurrying and did I mentioned cramped? ;) ::) :p I'm going to be at the studio for three hours tomorrow b/c I'm in 7 dances and I teach classes, so...yeah :p But also tomorrow I get to go to a royal all with some of my closest friends! I'm sooooooooo excited! ;D ;D ;D We get to wear pretty dresses and do our hair and all that jazz ;) We get a full dinner and learn how to waltz and get our picture taken. Last year was the Disney ball, and we had one guy for our group of seven girls :p So my friend Liza(who you might know as Chris Bond), took off one of her shoes and the guy knelt down and held it up to us girls as we all "fought" for it ;) Then this old guy with a fancy camera found us and started taking picture and picture. It was like paparazzi ;D ;D I'm not kidding you, this guy was snapping pics of us for five minutes straight. Our poor "date" was getting a sore knee ::) ;)  I'm hoping there'll be more guys at this dance and that they'll have the courage to ask us to dance ::) I only danced with my girlfriends last year b/c there wasn't enough guys and I wasn't asked :p But I'm hoping I'll be able to dance with a guy this year who knows how to dance. And it wouldn't hurt if he was attractive *wiggles eyebrows* ;) ;D ;D 

I think I stared posting my book on here, so here's the next bit: 

I knew I was going to do my report on Rapunzel. My life is like hers. Going through the same pattern, day after day until you feel like a broken record. And four pages? I had more to write when I was homeschooled in younger grades. My dad's choice for me to do my senior year in public school was okay. Kind of. We were nearing the end of the first trimester, and I already felt like I was doing eighth grade work again.
Walking through the halls I went past my friend's locker and left a small smiley face sticker on it. That's our tradition. I walk past his, I place one on. He walks past mine, he places on it. We're as thick as thieves. I've known Joseph for almost my whole life. We both decided to come to the high school for our last year together and face the demons head on.
And Joseph wasn't at all like any of the other empty headed jocks running around. He had the build of an athlete, because of swimming, but luckily not the brains of one. Smart as a whip, he was already in the top ten seniors category. I would never make it because of stupid math and useless Chemistry. I stink at both of them, so that's why I have Joseph tutoring me. Because of him, I got up to high B's. My pony-tail swished side to side happily as I continued on my way to practice.
Gymnastics has been my thing, other than school. Staying in shape and toned was a big part of my life, and I'm never going to loose it. I can thank my parents for being the health nuts they are. I pushed open the metal doors to the large practice area, and the usual smell of sweat and disinfectant made my nose have a field day. Going over to my spot on the bleachers, I stripped down to my leotard and double wrapped my pony-tail.
“Hey Lorelei,” my coach, Gina Frazier said, glancing up from her clipboard.
“Hi,” I greeted back, and went to stretch over on the mats. I smiled to several of the other girls on the team, then breathed in deeply to bend over. My muscles creaked, but then went into normal flexibility. After a good fifteen minutes our coach called us over to the mats at the other side of the gym.
“This week we will start working on our routines for Divisions. So all of you on the floor. Time to choreograph.” My feet lightly padded the floor as I took my place in the second row. “We will do a beginning two minute routine, then split into the normal groups.” Mrs. Frazier said. “Rosa, Maggie, Felicia, and Debbie, I want you to do two chaines into a stag jump then a diving somersault. Heidi, Lorelei, Bianca, Tracy, and Regina, I want you to to a back walkover with two chaines and an illusion. Patty, Natasha, Caroline, and Holly I want you to do a one hand cartwheel into a front walkover and a toe touch. On my count, go.” I let practice sweep me away, forgetting my worries.

And here is your quote:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." ~Romeo and Juliet

Happy weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha now I have "I could have daaaanced all night" running through my head. ;) Have fun!!!!!! :D :D :D I want to see pictures please'm!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Mae, I <3 you soooo much! Just felt like saying :) Can't wait to hear more about what you did at this years ball. We haven't really had time to talk about it yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this story! And the Disney dance sounded fun. :P Yes, definitely PICTURES!!

    ReplyDelete